Thursday, June 27, 2013

Lemon Basil Chicken

I was craving Basil Bacon Chicken tonight, but am daring and doing and didn't dare cheat on a non cheat day.  I brainstormed and came up with this healthier alternative. I have to be honest I didn't miss the bacon. I'm writing those words:  I did NOT MISS BACON!!  Both tangy and fragrant, I promise you this won't feel like a "healthier alternative." 

Ingredients:
  • 2 large skinless boneless chicken breast cut into 1" thick medallions
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1 pinch red pepper flake
  • the juice of one lemon
  • 10-12 basil leaves, torn

  1. In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, brown the whole garlic cloves in the olive oil.
  2. When golden brown, remove garlic cloves and add pepper flakes.
  3. Liberally salt and pepper the chicken medallions and sauté until brown (about four minutes each side).
  4. Add lemon juice and basil.
  5. Cover and reduce heat to low.
  6. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
  7. Serve over yolkless egg noodles or a whole grain pasta and a vegetable medley of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment