Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Asian Style Turkey Burger Atop Guiltless Sesame Slaw

In honor of Dare and Do, I promised the folks in Sarcasmom's 30 day challenge group that I would provide some healthy recipes.  I had this for dinner last night, and I have to tell you it was so filling and satisfying even I could not believe it was a turkey burger.  I came up with the slaw on the fly, dreading the thought a mayo-less recipe.  I will never use mayo again for coleslaw.  Enjoy!

Turkey Burger:

  • 1 lb lean turkey meat
  • 1 T Sesame Seeds
  • 1 T Brown Sugar
  • 1 T Lite Soy sauce
  • 1/2 t sesame oil
  • 1 pinch of dried ginger
  • black pepper (I omit salt on this because of the soy sauce)

  1. Combine ingredients in a medium mixing bowl being careful not to overwork.
  2. Cook on a low flame grill, and flip when the burger looks almost done (do not squeeze out juice with spatula).
  3. Temperature should be 160 degrees.
Guiltless Sesame Slaw
  • 2 C cole slaw mix (found in the produce section of your supermarket)
  • 2 T extra virgin olive oil
  • 2T Sesame seeds (chia seeds can be substituted, though cut it down to 1 T, to help assist with appetite suppression)
  • 1 t Sesame oil
  • 1 t garlic powder
  • 1 t red wine vinegar
  • 1 pinch of dried ginger
  1. Combine all ingredients in a serving bowl and combine well.
  2. Let stand for at least 20 minutes.
  3. Tastes even better the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment