Monday, June 3, 2013

DARE AND DO June 3, 2013

"UGH!  I've been killing myself for two weeks, and I GAINED a pound!" exclaimed Romy.
"Did you deduct sixteen pounds for your shoes?" asked Michele.
--Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, companion movie to Dumb and Dumber...two films that were robbed of best picture nods. 

Yep, I gained a pound.  I feel fantastic, my clothes fit better, but that darn scale says 181.5.  Beer and I are good buddies, so I would hate to think that played any role in it.  So, for this week, I am going with the prospect that it could just be muscle gained from all the push ups and crunches I've been doing.  We shall see next week if me and my cerveza mas fina must part ways for a bit. ;)

I was feeling a little sluggish and down today.  My oldest daughter is having a problem at school and I spent the majority of my morning staying on top of the situation.  I am not sure if my lack of work out yesterday was the cause, or if the third grade drama was the root of the overall case of the Monday's I was experiencing.

I decided to abandon the "eat anything I want the size of my fist" at dinner tonight.  I fed the girls chicken nuggets, fries, and corn.  I had one of my old time diet go-to dishes:  tuna with lemon juice, black pepper and capers, and sliced fresh veggies.  I then did 4 miles on the bike, 200 crunches, and 25 push ups. 

If I were feeling more confident about how I look, I would have posted a vlog of what came next:  weight lifting.  I have been storing my barbells under my sink in my kitchen, and it took me twenty minutes to retrieve them.  Then, I couldn't figure out how to tighten them or how much weight to put on them.  I'm thinking it has been a while since I used them (the dust was outrageous).

I did a weight routine for my biceps, triceps, chest and shoulders.  It was like rice krispies up in my house when I was working on my triceps:  snap! crackle! pop!.  HA!  I'm going to do some research of something less strenuous for my apparently aging joints.

The feeling I had when I finished:  priceless.  I admit I was flexing in the mirror (think chicken arm McScrawny chest), and got busted by my wife, who just laughed and told me she loved me.  I am going to make weight training a more integral part of this Dare and Do.  You know, until I wake up tomorrow and really feel the effects of what I did tonight.  :)  --Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment