BUFFALO EGG ROLLS
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3/4 C wing sauce
- 1 skinless boneless chicken breast, shredded (or roasted and cubed)
- 1 t celery flake
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of red pepper flake
- salt and pepper
- 1 block of softened Neufchatel or Cream cheese
- 1 package of wonton wraps (found in the produce section of any grocery store)
- 1 whisked egg white
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and add hot sauce.
- Add shredded chicken breast, celery flake, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and red pepper flake.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Combine with Cream cheese.
- Place wonton wrap diagonally on your work surface.
- Add 1-2 T of chicken to center, allowing excess sauce to drain off.
- Brush egg whites along the surface and fold like an envelope.
- Fill a small sauce pan just under 1/2 way with canola oil.
- Heat over medium high heat until the oil reaches 375 degrees.
- Carefully add the egg rolls and cook 1-2 at a time (adding more will decrease the oil temperature and prevent the proper crisping).
- Cook until the egg rolls turn a golden brown (about 4-5 minutes)
- Remove and drain on a paper towel or coffee filter
BLEU CHEESE DRESSING:
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1/2 C mayonnaise
- 3/4 C bleu cheese crumbles
- 3 T half and half
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Mix well before serving.