· 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts sliced vertically into ¼ strips (keep semi frozen)
· 4 oz. crackers (I used Wheat Thins, but the kids found it made the recipe too sweet – next time I’ll go with Ritz crackers)
· 2 eggs
· 1 T parsley (dried)
· 1 t onion powder
· ½ t garlic powder
· ½ t paprika (sweet)
· ½ t dill weed
· ½ t chili powder
· Pinch of cayenne pepper
· Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all dry ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined (should be a bread crumb like consistency).
- Whisk together eggs.
- Using a metal cookie cutter, carefully cut semi frozen chicken into different shapes. Do not discard the leftover pieces of chicken!
- Dip the chicken shapes into the egg and dredge in the cracker/spice mixture.
- Cut remaining chicken pieces into small cubes and dip in egg and cracker/spice mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.